Firms enrolled in the AICPA Peer Review Program are required to have a peer review, once every 3 years, of their accounting and auditing practice covering a one-year period.
Atkinson & Co. is approved and experienced in conducting peer reviews of CPA firms to ensure that firms are upholding a strong quality control environment not only to meet AICPA standards but to improve practices. Our best auditors are also peer reviewers.
As your peer reviewer, we can assist your firm in:
- Strengthened quality control
- Improved processes
- A better understanding of recent professional pronouncement and an awareness of those under consideration
- Having demonstrable evidence of your firm’s quality
- A reduction of recurring issues
- The awareness of any deficiencies needing correction
- The potential of using your clean report as a marketing tool to demonstrate your firm’s commitment to quality
- Learning best practices from your reviewer’s experience working with other firms
- Benchmark information to compare your firm against similar firms
Barbara Lewis, Shareholder, is a current member of the AICPA Peer Review Board, the NMSCPAs Peer Review Committee and also currently serves as Technical Reviewer for New Mexico. In her role as Technical Reviewer, Barbara reviews and approves peer reviews conducted by other peer reviewers around the state. Barbara’s depth of experience with the Peer Review Program assures you that your firm receives an efficient and productive peer review with a reviewer you can trust.